Hawaii BSN in Nursing School Highlights
Schools with RN-BSN Programs
Working in the healthcare field can be satisfying for any dedicated professional. For nurses, working in this field provides a career for a lifetime. The use of technology in recent years has changed the way that many healthcare providers conduct everyday business.
With the increase in new techniques due to technology, more people are becoming interested in the field of nursing as a profession. Caring for people is the general concern for nurses.
- Alvernia University - RN to BSN
- Benedictine University - RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN)
- Bethel University - RN to BSN
- Campbellsville University - RN to BSN
- East Central University - RN to BSN
- Emmanuel College - RN to BSN
- Illinois College - RN to BSN
- Point University - Bachelor of Science Nursing - RN to BSN
- Sacred Heart University - RN-BSN - RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota - RN to Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- University of Saint Mary - RN-BSN Degree
- University of West Florida - RN to BSN
- Utica College - RN to Bachelor of Science
Without nurses, it would be nearly impossible for hospitals to take care of the large numbers of incoming patients each day. Nurses have a large variety of responsibilities in a healthcare setting, making continuing education a must-have for success.
Hawaii Nursing Licensure Reciprocity
The Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) allows nurses to have one license for nursing that gives them the ability to practice in the state where they current live as well as other states that are part of the compact agreement. Currently there are over 30 states that are a part of the NLC agreement.
As of Spring 2020: Hawaii is not currently a part of the NLC agreement.
Source: National Council of State Boards of Nursing
The Nursing Landscape for BSNs in Hawaii
For nurses working in the tropical state of Hawaii, promoting associate’s level nursing degree to a higher level may be the best way to get the most out of a lifelong career.
RN to BSN programs are specifically for those that are already have a degree in nursing. The program combines the different aspect of nursing with subjects including community healthcare and administration.
These additional concepts create a perfect storm of information for nurses wanting to have a great variety of knowledge in their field. With Hawaii’s population getting bigger each year, the need for nurses will continue to grow. Promoting a lower level degree to bachelor’s level will prove to be an excellent decision to nurses currently working in the state of Hawaii.